Chinese Language & Culture Programs
Chinese Language & Culture Programs, under the Division of International Education (DoIE), serve the University’s mission to promote globalization on campus and provide more opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to better understand the world around us--including China--through collaboration with local, national, and international partners.
The mission of DoIE’s Chinese Language & Culture Programs (CLCP) is to build bridges of understanding, friendship, exchange, and cooperation between San Francisco State University (SF State) and partner institutions in China through programs in education, culture, art, and research.
CLCP has the following goals:
- Support the University in developing globalization on campus and in communities.
- Strengthen partners in promoting international programs.
- Provide resources for Chinese language and culture programs to SF State and local schools.
- Connect SF State with Chinese universities for educational exchanges.
- Network with academic departments in recruiting and serving students.
Programs and Activities
CLCP will focus on, but not be limited to, the following program initiatives:
- Support the University to facilitate educational exchange, collaborative research, teaching, and training activities, building impact on international education and strengthening relationships with partners.
- Serve as a resource for promoting Chinese language and culture by providing teaching and learning activities and outreach programs to the campus community and the general public.
- Promote Chinese teacher training, provide workshops and a Summer Institute for K-12 Chinese language teachers, and support Mandarin bilingual teaching credential programs to build the number of qualified Chinese language teachers.
- Provide opportunities for the campus community to learn about China through a range of aspects including culture, arts, food, Kung Fu, sports, literature, and history, while promoting global equity and inclusion on campus.
- Organize revenue-generating activities and secure seed grants to assist with the sustainability of programs and services.
Click here to see programs and activities.