Transferring to Another School
International students in F-1 Student status must complete SEVIS I-20 transfer procedure whenever you change educational institution or to another program of study.
Deadline to Request Transfer
The deadline for F-1 students to request a transfer is 60 days after the program completion or OPT end date, whichever is later. If an international student has decided to attend another institution in the U.S., please contact OIP to inquire the transfer deadline.
To Request a SEVIS Transfer
To request a SEVIS transfer, please submit the following documents to an OIP advisor during the drop-in hours:
- A photocopy of the admission/acceptance letter from the school you transfer to
- A signed and completed Transfer Out Form
Keep in mind the following when requesting a SEVIS transfer:
- Once the transfer release date has been reached, OIP will no longer have access to your SEVIS record. Your new school will only be able to issue an I-20 on or after the SEVIS release date
- If you decide to cancel your SEVIS transfer, you must notify OIP BEFORE your SEVIS release date
- Students who are on OPT: the OPT will automatically end on the transfer release date