Participation Information for Faculty, Staff, Departments, Colleges
The week of November 13-17 is dedicated to enhancing international awareness across the campus as well as to reinforcing the importance of the exchange of students and scholars across borders. IEW 2017 is a chance for us to embrace the uniqueness of and similarities among nations around the world to better understand how to work together.
If you are planning a lecture, event, or other activity during the week of November 13-17, 2017, why not give your event an international theme and accept free marketing from the Office of International Programs?
Host an "Open Classroom" event
- During the week of November 13-17, we encourage internationally minded faculty to give a lecture on an international topic or a topic that involves the world's cultures, politics, geography, languages, art, music, film etc. and allow members of the SF State community to sit in and audit that particular lecture.
- To include your “Open Classroom” event on our online calendar, please complete the IEW 2017 Event Proposal Form.
Organize an internationally-themed event
- For example, a special lecture, panel discussion/presentation, demonstration, musical performance, dance lesson, fashion show, etc.).
- To include your special event on our online calendar, please complete the IEW 2017 Event Proposal Form.
Encourage your students to actively participate in IEW 2017 events
- Perhaps through "Extra Credit" initiatives or class projects. You can encourage your students to attend a specific number of IEW events in order to earn extra credit in your class.
- Please see our sample "Extra Credit" form for more information.
Are you looking for suggestions on what to do in your campus?
- View what the State Department has to offer.
- Please visit the NAFSA: Association of International Educators website to learn more about how others are celebrating IEW around the world.
If you are interested in planning an IEW 2017 event or activity at San Francisco State University, here is what you need to do:
- Complete our online IEW 2017 Event Proposal Form.
- Fill out the form and summit it to OIP online.
Contact Mr. Jay Ward at OIP (415-338-1121; firstname.lastname@example.org)
if you have any questions.
After we receive your form, this is what we will do:
- We will review your proposed event.
- We will contact you if we have any questions or need additional info.
- If we approve your proposal, we will then include your activity/event on our Web schedule for IEW 2017.
NOTE: Proposals for events unrelated to International Education Week will not be accepted.