F-1 International Students
The Office of International Programs (OIP) provides advising on F-1 visa regulations, employment workshops, and new students welcome events to assist degree-seeking F-1 international students in achieving their personal, professional, and academic goals. Our website is designed to answer the most-commonly asked questions we receive from international students. Students are encouraged to seek in-person advising during our drop-in hours whenever necessary
To limit potential COVID-19 spreading within our community, we are serving our students remotely. In-person advising and documents pick up services are currently unavailable.
Get Advising on F-1 Matters
Email and in-person advising
Please sign up during the following drop-in hours to speak to an advisor:
Monday to Friday: 2PM to 4PM
Please join the link during the following zoom advising hours to speak to an advisor:
Tuesday and Thursday: 9:30AM to 11:30AM
Please provide your full name and SF State Student student ID number (if you have one) in your inquiry.
If you wish to schedule an in-person appointment, please provide what you wish to discuss.
- San Francisco State University provides reasonable accommodations based on disability for eligible students. If you need special accommodation beyond phone advising please email us.
- The F-1 international student advisors provide advising on issues related to F-1 student visa status.
- For academic advising, please visit the Advising Hub (Undergraduate students) or speak to Graduate Coordinators (Graduate students)
Document request (Effective Fall 2021)
- All request forms must be submitted via email to email@example.com. No paper forms will be accepted.
- The request must be sent from your SF State email address except SF State alumi.
- Requests are processed within 5 business days. We accept digital signatures, scanned copies, and high resolution/clear pictures of the completed form.
- All documents, including I-20s, will be emailed to students. There is no in-person documents pick up at OIP front desk.
Last updated: August 2021
For PDF files, you'll need Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or above to view it. If you need Adobe Acrobat Reader it's available free from Adobe (link is external).