The SF State Abroad Office and the Educational Opportunity and Pathways Program (EOP) have a strong collaboration and commitment to supporting students. Each semester, students are encouraged to attend one of the EOP/Study Abroad Workshops. To see upcoming workshops and register, please do so on EOP's site for Services and Workshops. The workshops include study abroad alumni sharing their experiences selecting a program, using financial aid and applying for scholarships, living abroad, and advice for other EOP students. If you cannot attend one of the EOP/Study Abroad Workshops, please attend one of the weekly Study Abroad Information Meetings to learn more about getting started.
EOP students have the strong support of both the Office of International Programs and EOP to explore and participate in study abroad.
Applying to study abroad:
1) Attend an information meeting! Check with your EOP advisor about upcoming EOP/Study Abroad sessions held twice a semester.
2) Renew or apply for your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the end of your program. If you have a passport as a transgender person, please note that you can change the sex listed on your passport.
3) Select an academic goal for study abroad: your major/minor, upper or lower-division general education requirements, and/or to learn/improve another language.
4) Research programs.
5) If you have additional questions or concerns, please speak with a Study Abroad Advisor during drop-in advising hours. Advisors can be reached while applying and when you are abroad.
6) Don't forget to apply for scholarships.
EOP students should apply for study abroad and non-study abroad scholarships, including the EOP Scholarship to fund their time abroad. For more information, visit our Funding page.