SF State Abroad is proud to support veterans, ROTC, and military-affiliated students to study abroad at SF State.
- Follow the Gettering Started page and attend an information meeting.
- Then, speak with SF State's Veterans Office, as different GI Bills have different requirements for study abroad.
- Apply for scholarships.
Apply for the Gilman-McCain Scholarship if you are:
- A dependent child of an active-duty military member(s) during the time of application in one of the following branches: Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard, including activated (currently on active duty) Reserve Forces, Air National Guard, and Army National Guard;
- Recipient of any type of Title IV federal financial aid during their study abroad program.
- Attend a Gilman Workshop.