Veterans Abroad

SF State Abroad is proud to support veterans, ROTC, and military-affiliated students to study abroad at SF State. 

Getting Started

  • Follow the Gettering Started page and attend an information meeting.
  • Then, speak with SF State's Veterans Office, as different GI Bills have different requirements for study abroad.  
  • Apply for scholarships.

Gilman-McCain Scholarship

Apply for the Gilman-McCain Scholarship if you are:

  • A dependent child of an active-duty military member(s) during the time of application in one of the following branches: Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard, including activated (currently on active duty) Reserve Forces, Air National Guard, and Army National Guard;
  • Recipient of any type of Title IV federal financial aid during their study abroad program.
  • Attend a Gilman Workshop.