End of Semester Reminder

To-Do List

Check Final Grades

Students must complete a full-time course load in the Spring or Fall semester. Grades that will satisfy the full-time requirements are A, B, C, D, F, CR (Credit), and NC (No-Credit). If students received a W or WU grade and have completed less than 12 (Undergraduate) or 8 (Graduate) units, please speak to an F-1 international student advisor. 

Students are not required to be enrolled in a full-time course of study during the summer session.

Check I-20 Expiration Date

If students' I-20 will expire at the end of the semester, they will need to apply for an I-20 extension at least SIX weeks BEFORE the expiration date.

Travel During Semester Breaks

If students will be traveling outside the U.S. while they are in F-1 status, their I-20 must be signed by an F-1 international student advisor. Travel signatures are voided if a student does not complete a full-time course load.

See Travel for details.

Reduced Course Load (RCL) or Full-Time Equivalency (FTE)

If students are graduating next semester and have less than full-time units left for graduation. Obtain Reduced Course Load due to Completion of Study or Full-Time Equivalency (FTE) approval from the Divison of International Education before the drop/add deadline.  If students only need one course to finish their program of study, it cannot be an online course.

Last updated: January 2024

For PDF files, Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or above is required to view it. Adobe Acrobat Reader it's available free from Adobe (link is external).