International Student Workshops
International students are encouraged to attend virtual online workshops concerning popular F-1 international student topics. All workshops are recorded and uploaded on the website within 2 weeks of the presentation date.
Spring 2022 Workshops To Be Announced in January 2022.
Prior Workshop Recordings
Job Searching in the U.S. as an International Student
- Date: Monday, November 8
- Recording: Presentation (00:00:00 - 00:25:45) and Q&A (00:25:46 - 00:50:14)
Applying for Optional Practical Training (OPT) as a Fall 2021 Graduate
- Date: Friday, Sept 3, 2021
- Learning Objectives: Understand the specific process for international students in F-1 status who are graduating in Fall 2021 to apply for OPT. The information will be applicable to Fall 2021 only
- Recording: Presentation (00:00:00 - 00:45:54) and Q&A (00:45:55 - 01:35:59)
Work Authorization for F-1 International Students (On-campus/CPT/OPT/STEM OPT)
Learning Objectives: Understand the different types of work authorization available to international students in F-1 status.
- Date: Friday, Feb 26, 2021
- Recording: Presentation (00:00:00 - 00:40:58) and Q&A (00:40:59 - 00:56:13)
Last updated: November 2021
For PDF files, Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or above is required to view it. Adobe Acrobat Reader it's available free from Adobe (link is external).